- Order number: 1140-0001
- Your lean and robust growth medium for various applications with unmatched pricing opportunities -
Purchase this medium now via the Sartorius eShop
CHOlean Medium is a complete chemically defined, animal-component-free, protein-free, and ready-to-use cell culture medium. It has a lean medium formulation designed for batch and fed-batch processes with different CHO cell lines. CHOlean is developed with a minimal set of well-balanced components to achieve a lean, robust and flexible medium basis. In addition, it is capable of competing with state-of-the-art media for highest cell growth and product titer. CHOlean is optimized for easy adaptation from other media and is a robust platform to build high-performance fed-batch processes on. The medium supports cell growth and production of recombinant proteins and antibodies in suspension culture. It can be used in research or in manufacturing applications.
- Suitable for various CHO clones (e.g., DG44, K1, CHO S, CHO GS)
- Chemically defined, serum-free, animal component-free and hydrolysate-free
- Little or no adaptation required from other serum-free media
- Supports stable growth of suspension cells at high viability in seed train culture
- w/o L-glutamine
- w/o growth factor
- w/o HT (hypoxanthine/thymidine)
- Approved by ISO 9001 QMS (Quality Statement)
Customization of this product is available e.g., as SILAC/ deficiency variant. Contact us for more information.
Figure 1: Relative titers (bars) and maximum viable cell densities (VCD, rhombs) of two CHO cell lines in CHOlean compared to current state-of-the-art, chemically defined, ADCF expression media for CHO suspension cells of five different competitors.
Figure 2: Number of components of different classes (amino acids, vitamins, salts, buffer, iron and others) of CHOlean compared to the basal formulation DMEM/Ham's F12 as well as the comparison of total number of components of CHOlean, DMEM/Ham's F12 and some state-of-the-art production media.