Cell Line Adaptation
- Order number: 40
Traditional mammalian cell culture is usually anchor-dependent and serum-supplemented, which is directly connected to a series of disadvantages, due to the serum/ animal derived components. In contrast, suspension cultures in animal-derived component free (ADCF) cell culture media have several advantages:
- reduced lot-to-lot variability of the medium
- easier scale-up
- no risk of blood-borne pathogens
- massively reduced production costs
- increased animal-welfare
Because of these advantages, suspension cultures in animal-derived component free (ADCF) cell culture media are usually preferred for situations like recombinant protein production or viral vector and virus production due to its suitability to industrial processing and scale up. However, transitioning from adherent to suspension serum-free culture has its own set of challenges and is time consuming.
Xell’s scientists have more than 20 years of experience with cell culture and state-of-the-art culture media. Adapting cell lines to serum-free suspension culture is just one of the many services we offer to the scientific community and biotechnology industry. We adapt your adherently growing cell line to (suspension) growth in a suitable serum-free, chemically defined cell culture medium of your choice.
What we need from you:
- 8 vials of cryopreserved cell line and documentation to the extend needed for genetic engineering records according to the Genetic Engineering Ordinance (GenTSV)
- Information on current cultivation conditions, including type of cell culture medium, serum type and content.
- Optional: Your cell culture medium of choice