- Order number: 871-0001-S
HEK FS is a chemically defined, animal component-free cell culture feed supplement. It is developed for the use as feeding solution in combination with HEK cell culture media, such as HEK GM for recombinant protein production or HEK ViP NX for viral vector production. The feed supplement contains highly concentrated nutrients to increase the productivity of HEK and other human cells but no lipids, hydrolysates, or growth factors. It supports superior production of recombinant proteins and antibodies in suspension culture by maintaining and extending the production capability of HEK cultures. Consumed substances like vitamins and amino acids are replenished to increase the protein yield by process extension.
- For HEK 293 and other human cell lines
- Suitable for various feeding strategies such as fed-batch processes
- Chemically defined, serum-free, animal component-free and hydrolysate-free
- Little or no adaptation required from other serum-free media
- Supports stable growth of suspension cells at high viability in seed train culture
- w/o L-glutamine
- Approved by ISO 9001 QMS
Figure: Viable cell density (VCD) and Viability of different HEK cell lines in a fed-batch process. With Xell’s HEK FS superior feed supplement consumed substances were replenished, resulting in a extended production capability.
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- Lot-specific documents (CoAs / CoCs)
- Sung et al. (2018) Structural insights into antigen recognition of an anti-β-(1,6)-β-(1,3)-D-glucan antibody