- Order number: 892-0001-S
- Optimized virus production - best choice for transient expression in HEK cells -
HEK ViP NX is a complete chemically defined, animal-component-free cell culture medium with a high nutrient level. It was developed by Xell for cultivation of HEK and other mammalian cell lines, with a special focus on transfection applications and optimized for virus/viral vector production (e.g. AAV production and lentivirus production). The cell culture medium is especially suited for transient transfection with e.g. polycationic transfection reagents such as polyethylenimine (PEI). HEK ViP NX supports cell growth and production phase of proteins or viral vectors in suspension culture in various scales. It can be used in research or in manufacturing applications.
- For HEK 293 and other human cell lines
- Chemically defined, serum-free, animal component-free and hydrolysate-free
- Little or no adaptation required from other serum-free media
- Supports stable growth of suspension cells at high viability in seed train culture
- Optimized for virus/viral vector production
- w/ HT (hypoxanthine/thymidine)
- w/o L-glutamine
- w/o growth factor
- Approved by ISO 9001 QMS (Quality Statement)
Customization of this product is available e.g., as SILAC/ deficiency variant. Contact us for more information.
HEK ViP NX was used to generate the data for our technical note on AAV-2 and AAV-8 production.
Figure 1: Relative genomic titers (qPCR) in culture supernatant of different suspension HEK cell lines in their respective reference media compared to Xell’s HEK ViP NX media.
Figure 2: Left: Comparison of AAV-2 titers in supernatant vs. cells/pellets for processes with Xell's HEK ViP NX medium and two transfection reagents. Right: Optimization of processes leads to increased titer in culture supernatant.
Figure 3: Comparison of AAV8 genomic titers in supernatants of HEK293 cells cultivated in Xell's HEK ViP NX medium. Cultivation in bioreactor leads to increased genomic titer in culture supernatant.